- 1 Is the National Society of high school Scholars a legitimate organization?
- 2 What is the point of NSHSS?
- 3 What are the benefits of joining NSHSS?
- 4 Does NSHSS give scholarships?
- 5 Does NSHSS look good on college applications?
- 6 Do you get a cord for NSHSS?
- 7 Is NSHSS worth joining?
- 8 Who gets invited to NSHSS?
- 9 What does it mean to get invited to NSHSS?
- 10 How do you get selected for NSHSS?
- 11 Do colleges care about national honors society?
- 12 What do you get from NSHSS?
- 13 What GPA do you need to get a full scholarship?
- 14 Can you be in both NHS and Nshss?
- 15 Do you have to be a member of Nshss to apply for scholarships?
Is the National Society of high school Scholars a legitimate organization?
Response: NSHSS is a legitimate honor society that has existed since 2002. James Lewis and Claes Nobel, a member of the Nobel Prize family, established the society so that Mr. NSHSS and it’s scholarship winners have gained national recognition and those instances continue to expand each year.
What is the point of NSHSS?
NSHSS’ purpose is to provide students with a lifetime network of rich and distinctive experiences that will advance their academic goals, encourage their personal aspirations, and connect them with resources, peers and mentor networks that will enhance their progress from high school to college and from college to post
What are the benefits of joining NSHSS?
Benefits of Joining NSHSS
- NSHSS is focused on building community.
- NSHSS helps students access valuable scholarships and resources.
- NSHSS memberships last a lifetime.
- NSHSS helps students develop valuable leadership and networking skills.
- NSHSS gives students opportunities to contribute in meaningful ways.
Does NSHSS give scholarships?
NSHSS and its partners offer more than $2,000,000 in scholarships annually. All students are eligible to apply for high school and college scholarships in the areas of academic excellence, entrepreneurship, leadership, literature, medicine, music, STEM, sustainability, visual arts, and more.
Does NSHSS look good on college applications?
College admissions officers recognize that NSHSS members are high-achieving scholars with a drive to succeed, so if you’re asking yourself “Does NSHSS look good for college applications?” the answer is yes.
Do you get a cord for NSHSS?
The NSHSS honor stole is to be draped over your graduation gown to signify your academic achievement, leadership and volunteerism as an NSHSS Scholar. The honor stole may be worn alone or with the honor cord and medallion.
Is NSHSS worth joining?
Joining NSHSS is worth it because the opportunities and benefits we provide allow students to explore and gain the essential skills, recognition, and support needed to be successful now and in the future.
Who gets invited to NSHSS?
Students who we believe are qualified may be selected to receive an invitation. Members must be a student in high school and must meet ANY ONE of the criteria below: 3.5 Cumulative GPA (4.0 Scale) or higher (or equivalent such as 88 on a 100-point scale) 1280 SAT score or higher.
What does it mean to get invited to NSHSS?
Recognize and honor your exceptional high school students by nominating them for membership in NSHSS. With your nomination, students will receive an invitation to join for: Access to exclusive scholarship opportunities. College advice and career planning. Leadership opportunities for every level of member.
How do you get selected for NSHSS?
What are the criteria to nominate students for membership?
- 3.5 Cumulative GPA (4.0 Scale) or higher (or equivalent such as 88 on a 100-point scale)
- 1280 SAT score or higher.
- 1150 PSAT score or higher.
- 26 ACT score or higher.
- Score 4 or higher on any AP exam.
- Total combined IB test scores of 36 or higher.
Do colleges care about national honors society?
Being in the National Honor Society is not going to help you stand out in Ivy League admissions. So don’t get so excited about being in the National Honor Society. Colleges don’t care about meaningless honors. They care about passion, intellectual curiosity, perseverance, determination, hard work, and talent.
What do you get from NSHSS?
Every year, NSHSS awards over two million dollars in scholarships to help members finance their futures. Scholarships range from focusing on students who excel in the fine arts and literature to STEM and leadership, and applications usually require students to submit an essay or piece of work on a specific prompt.
What GPA do you need to get a full scholarship?
It’s up to a scholarship provider what the qualification criteria is for each scholarship. One of the most common grade point average requirements is a 3.0 average. (Again, every scholarship provider is different and it’s up to them to set their eligibility criteria, not us.)
Can you be in both NHS and Nshss?
The NHS boasts approximately 1 million members throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, and Canada. Unlike the NHS, the NSHSS is not a free organization. Students pay a $75 lifetime membership fee to join the group. Additionally, NSHSS members can qualify to join the group in multiple ways.
Do you have to be a member of Nshss to apply for scholarships?
The website also lists various other opportunities only for members. Applications are required in order to become eligible. These include NSHSS ” Ambassador Awards,” which require a 3.7 GPA. There are also various STEM scholarships in awards of $5,000, $2,500 and $1,000.