- 1 How do I get my HOPE Scholarship back?
- 2 Do I have to reapply for the HOPE Scholarship every year?
- 3 How do I regain HOPE Scholarship in Tennessee?
- 4 What GPA do you need to keep HOPE Scholarship?
- 5 Can you get hope back?
- 6 How many semesters does hope cover?
- 7 How long does HOPE Scholarship last?
- 8 Does HOPE Scholarship pay for housing?
- 9 What is the deadline for HOPE Scholarship?
- 10 What is the HOPE Scholarship?
- 11 How much does TN HOPE Scholarship pay?
- 12 How much money does the HOPE Scholarship give you?
- 13 Why did I lose my HOPE scholarship?
- 14 Is Hope Scholarship refundable?
- 15 How do you qualify for the HOPE grant?
How do I get my HOPE Scholarship back?
Academic Achievement Option – If you lost the HOPE Scholarship at a previous checkpoint (24, 48, 72 hours), then you can request to regain the scholarship, if at the next 24-hour checkpoint (48, 72, 96 hours) you have the minimum required GPA. Click here to review minimum GPA requirements.
Do I have to reapply for the HOPE Scholarship every year?
This depends on the application you choose to complete. If you are ONLY interested in receiving the HOPE Scholarship you may complete the GSFApps at www.GAfutures.org. This is a one-time application so there is no need to reapply each year.
How do I regain HOPE Scholarship in Tennessee?
To retain the HOPE Scholarship, you must:
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress and achieve a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 after attempting 24 and 48 semester hours.
- After attempting 72 semester hours or any multiple of 24 semester hours, a student may retain the award in one of two ways:
What GPA do you need to keep HOPE Scholarship?
A HOPE Scholarship recipient must graduate from high school with a minimum 3.00 grade point average (as calculated by GSFC) and maintain a minimum 3.00 cumulative postsecondary grade point average to remain eligible.
Can you get hope back?
Regaining Eligibility for the HOPE Scholarship Students who lose the HOPE scholarship at a 30, 60 or 90 hour checkpoint, or an End-of-Spring checkpoint may regain eligibility if they have a 3.0 at the point of attempting 60 or 90 semester hours.
How many semesters does hope cover?
Enrollment Management and Student Affairs *you meet 120 attempted HOPE hours or have received the HOPE Scholarship for eight (8) full-time equivalent semesters, whichever occurs later in this last bullet.
How long does HOPE Scholarship last?
Expiration Date for the HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships Eligibility for the HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships expires 10 years after the student’s high school graduation date for students who receive their first disbursement of the scholarship Summer semester 2019 or later.
Does HOPE Scholarship pay for housing?
HOPE does not cover fees, books or housing. Zell Miller Scholarship, like HOPE is funded by the Georgia Lottery for education and is for eligible Georgia residents who graduated from a HOPE-approved high school.
What is the deadline for HOPE Scholarship?
Yes, the application for the HOPE Scholarship is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be accessed by visiting studentaid.gov. HOPE Scholarship recipients MUST complete a FAFSA every year by September 1 to receive Fall funds and by February 1 to receive Spring/Summer funds.
What is the HOPE Scholarship?
The HOPE Program (Helping Outstanding Pupils Educationally) created in 1993 under the supervision of Georgia Governor Zell Miller, is Georgia’s scholarship and grant program that rewards students with financial assistance in degree, diploma, and certificate programs at eligible Georgia public and private colleges and
How much does TN HOPE Scholarship pay?
Tennessee HOPE Scholarship is a $4000 per year scholarship awarded to qualifying Tennessee residents. An additional amount of up to $2000 may be available for the summer semester for students who first received the HOPE Scholarship in Fall 2009 or thereafter.
How much money does the HOPE Scholarship give you?
Award Amounts. For 2020-2021, the HOPE Scholarship pays a maximum of $7,680 for two semesters of enrollment in 15 HOPE eligible credits per term. Actual payment amounts for HOPE will be pro-rated down for students enrolled in fewer than 15 eligible hours.
Why did I lose my HOPE scholarship?
A student will lose the HOPE Scholarship if their GPA is below the minimum requirement at one of the checkpoints and may only regain the scholarship one time. A student is ineligible to receive HOPE Scholarship funds once the student has reached the 127 hour limit.
Is Hope Scholarship refundable?
The Hope Scholarship provides a federal income tax credit of up to $2,500 (40% refundable) per student based on the first $4,000 in postsecondary tuition, fees and course materials paid by the taxpayer during the tax year.
How do you qualify for the HOPE grant?
Eligibility for the HOPE Grant
- Meet HOPE’s U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizen requirements;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia;
- Meet enrollment requirements;
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements;
- Meet academic achievement standards;