- 1 How prestigious is a Fulbright scholarship?
- 2 How much is a Fulbright scholarship worth?
- 3 What are the benefits of being a Fulbright scholar?
- 4 How Fulbright scholars are selected?
- 5 What GPA do you need for a Fulbright?
- 6 Is Fulbright the most prestigious?
- 7 Is there an age limit for Fulbright scholarship?
- 8 How much is Fulbright monthly stipend?
- 9 How do I get a Fulbright grant?
- 10 Can I stay in US after Fulbright?
- 11 How many Fulbright scholars are there a year?
- 12 Can you work while on Fulbright?
- 13 Does Fulbright pay for housing?
- 14 What does Fulbright Scholarship look for?
- 15 What does Fulbright look for?
How prestigious is a Fulbright scholarship?
Today, the Fulbright Program is considered the largest and most prestigious educational exchange program, providing recent college graduates, graduate students and young professionals the opportunity to continue their education or professional development through research and study in a foreign country [source: IIE].
How much is a Fulbright scholarship worth?
As a ballpark figure, the stipend will fall somewhere between $1000 – $2500. Among other factors, the stipend is set based on the general cost of living of the state/city at that time.
What are the benefits of being a Fulbright scholar?
What are the benefits of being a Fulbright Scholar?
- round-trip transportation to the host country.
- funding to cover room, board, and incidental costs, based on the cost of living in the host country.
- Accident & sickness health benefits.
How Fulbright scholars are selected?
The application process is long and can seem daunting. You may wonder who gets these awards and how the decisions really get made. The Fulbright selection process consists of three stages: Campus Committee, National Screening Committee, and International Fulbright Commission.
What GPA do you need for a Fulbright?
The official GPA requirement is a 3.0, but an even higher GPA may be unofficially required, depending on the level of competitiveness in the country to which you apply. Rest assured however, that your GPA is not the most important factor in receiving a Fulbright Grant.
Is Fulbright the most prestigious?
The program was founded by United States Senator J. William Fulbright in 1946 and is considered to be one of the most widely recognized and prestigious scholarships in the world.
Is there an age limit for Fulbright scholarship?
There is no age limit on Fulbright U.S. Student Program awards. The program sometimes accepts professionals who have graduated up to 10 years ago, so long as they make a case regarding their professional track and career goals.
How much is Fulbright monthly stipend?
Grantees will receive a $2,200 per month stipend, $1,400-$1,800 per month housing allowance, and local transportation allowance ($500 for Jakarta, $400 elsewhere).
How do I get a Fulbright grant?
Fulbright U.S. Student Program eligibility requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen or national.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent before the beginning of the scholarship period (note: applicants to creative and performing arts grants may substitute four years of professional training or experience)
Can I stay in US after Fulbright?
Q: Can Fulbright participants stay in the United States after their program, or do they need to return to their home country? A: Upon completion of their program, Fulbrighters are required to return to their home country to complete the two-year residency requirement before becoming eligible to apply for other visas.
How many Fulbright scholars are there a year?
How many Fulbright Program grants are awarded annually? The Fulbright Program awards approximately 8,000 grants annually. Roughly 2,000 U.S. students, 4,000 foreign students, over 800 U.S. scholars, and 900 visiting scholars receive awards, in addition to several hundred teachers and professionals.
Can you work while on Fulbright?
Work Authorization Any Fulbright grant funds you are receiving may be affected by income earned from temporary employment, based on Fulbright country policy. The maximum number of hours you are eligible to work during the academic year is 20 hours per week.
Does Fulbright pay for housing?
funding to cover room, board, and incidental costs, based on the cost of living in the host country.
What does Fulbright Scholarship look for?
Academic or professional record. Personal qualifications. Language preparation. Preference factors as established by the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) and the Fulbright Commissions/Foundations.
What does Fulbright look for?
The Fulbright program selects winners based on: academic/professional record, language preparation, feasibility of the proposed project, personal qualifications, and extent to which the project will further the Fulbright aim of promoting mutual understanding among nations.